The Maintenance & Operations Department provides support to the educational process of our students in many different ways. Our number one priority is to provide a safe, comfortable, and conducive learning environment for students, staff and the community. Schools that are clean, well maintained and in good repair enable students to excel and achieve at higher levels.
The exterior grounds of school campuses are also an important factor in the educational environment. Our grounds department provides landscaping and grounds maintenance to ensure that District grounds are in a safe condition for the use of students and the public. Well-groomed school landscapes can greatly enhance the appearance of a building and provide “curb appeal” for the students, parents and the surrounding neighborhood.
M&O strives to accomplish these tasks with the lowest financial impact on the District to ensure that the maximum amount of funding is available for the education of our students.
Our department is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all District buildings, grounds, and equipment. M&O Department staff coordinates custodial, landscape and security operations, performs minor renovation and construction projects, and assesses school facilities for planned replacement of various building components through the District’s Deferred Maintenance Program.
The Maintenance and Operations Department also oversees and ensures that PUHSD is in compliance with programs relating to:
- Safety and Cleanliness
- AHERA (Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act)
- Indoor Air Quality
- Integrated Pest Management
- Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Universal Waste Recycling
Did You Know?
- PUHSD maintains a safer, cleaner and healthier environment by utilizing green seal certified products
- The Maintenance & Operations Department processes over 4000 work orders per year
- There are nearly 209 acres of district facilities and grounds that the Maintenance & Operations Department is responsible for maintaining